
I'm back! I haven't really gone anywhere, but I've been "away". We're coming down to the final few weeks at the school where I work (my day job). In a few weeks my wife and I will travel to Istanbul, and then Greece for a wedding. We're really hoping the trip is free of volcanic ash and rioting. Actually, our last big trip like these was in Iceland, so I'm glad it's staying true to its name as the land of fire and ice.
Istanbul and Greece won't be the only new places I'll be visiting this spring and summer. Monday and Tuesday were strange days in that I was contacted by 5 gallery/stores interested in wholesale artwork. A couple of the stores were in Vermont. Others were in New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Australia. Yes, the land down under. This is good news, I'm just curious about what caused all these places to contact me within a 24-hour period. I'm looking forward to getting my work into new places--I'll list the locations on my website once the details are worked out.
I have some work in a new gallery in Brandon, Vermont. The Park Street Gallery is a new spot in the old pharmacy building in downtown Brandon. Stop in if you get a chance. My original store, Belladonna has just undergone some renovations and reopened on the first of the month. It looks great and there is some great new stuff there (including new Native Vermont Studio pieces). If you're looking for a custom designed piece email me or talk to the lovely people at Belladonna in Middlebury for information on personalizing a design. It will be the most thoughtful gift you've ever given!
I hope to be back here on a more regular basis. In the meantime, check out my wife's work at http://www.faunastudio.etsy.com.

If you get these other 5 new locations will you still be able to do custom orders?
ReplyDeleteI'd like to limit the number of stores to just a handful so that I can have time for new and custom work. I'll be collaborating more with my brother Stephen (http://geministudio.etsy.com), which will make production easier and allow more time for custom pieces.
ReplyDelete