
My ten year high school reunion was canceled today. It seems like with Facebook, etc., you pretty much know everything you need to know about everyone you went to high school with, whether you were friends with the people or not. I know for me it was not worth the time and expense to travel back to Ohio for a weekend of seeing people I'm already tired of seeing on Facebook! Have social-networking sites made reunions obsolete?
Plus, I'm too busy drawing owls and moose and lumberjacks! You know you're busy when the week and the weekend blurs together and you've forgotten what month it is. You also know when you're not sleeping much and you get sick and stay sick for awhile. I'm finally starting to feel better, although it's 1:42 and I should be sleeping. I miss the summer when I could get up and draw all day, everyday.
I finished this owl platter tonight that I've been trying to get done for awhile. I think it's really fun. I'm going to post it on Etsy as soon as I get a good shot of it. This weekend is do-or-die for my autumn-themed work. If I don't do it now I'll totally miss the season!
I'm really looking forward to after the holidays when I can focus on some non-seasonal designs, specifically some baby nursery/children's room designs I've been sketching. I'll take a hiatus on the lumberjacks and owls and replace them with elephants, walruses, and penguins.

No comments:
Post a Comment